Trinity College was founded in 1592 modelled after the collegiate universities of Oxford and of Cambridge. It is located on College Green, opposite the former Irish Houses of Parliament.
The college proper occupies 190,000 m2 (47 acres), with many of its buildings ranged around large quadrangles (known as ‘squares’) and two playing fields. Academically, it is divided into three faculties comprising 25 schools, offering degree and diploma courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The Library of Trinity College is a legal deposit library for Ireland and the United Kingdom, containing over 4.5 million printed volumes and significant quantities of manuscripts (including the Book of Kells), maps and music.
Trinity College Website:
Book of Kells:
Old Parliament Dublin: